An Elegant Make-Ahead Brunch for Mother's Day

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.
the kitchn | inspiring cooks. nourishing homes.
kitchen tours    recipes    archive
Share This:
May 5, 2011
An Elegant Make-Ahead Brunch for Mother's Day
 
 
This week I want to hand the spotlight over to our amazing managing editor, Faith Durand, who has a great story and recipe for the upcoming holiday:
 
"I spoke to my mother tonight, and I asked her if we were still on for brunch at my house for Mother's Day. "Well yes!" she said. "What do you want me to bring?" 

I had to roll my eyes, just a little bit. Isn't that just the sign of a good mother, though? Always ready to pitch in and lend a hand? Of course, since it's Mother's Day, I am letting her do no such thing. This is Mom's day to relax — I am doing all the cooking. 

But what to cook? I have been meditating on the menu for several days, and I've settled on something fresh and springlike, yet not too time-consuming. I want to make nearly everything the night before, see, and all of these recipes will let me do that. There's a rich yet light baked French toast, with a fistful of lemon zest and slices of eggy challah, served with a bowl of raspberries. There will be a spring frittata chock-full of radishes and asparagus. To round things out, we must have a sip of something bubbly, so I am planning a simple cocktail of elderflower syrup, lemon, and fizzy cava. Simple, sweet, and not too difficult — so we all can relax. But most especially Mom. It's her day, after all."  
 
My latest posts
Cheers,
Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan
Follow me on Twitter!
apartment therapy ohdeedoh unplggd renest
Apartment Therapy Media | 270 Lafayette Street, Suite 1204 | New York, NY 10012

This email was sent to manung36.hometools@blogger.com.

To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

Opt out from The Kitchn emails only | Opt out from all Apartment Therapy Media and subject site emails using TrueRemove®

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.


powered by emma
Posted by mbuhlah, Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:39 AM

0 Comments:

<< Home | << Add a comment