Did I Buy The Right Plants? A Plant Killer Starts Over

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.
Re-Nest
house tours    archive
Share This:
May 4, 2011
Did I Buy The Right Plants? A Plant Killer Starts Over

Did I Buy the Right Plants? A Plant Killer Starts Over
Some time ago I wrote about my  knack for taking care of indoor plants. (And by "knack" I mean my tendency to kill all living things that I bring into my home.) But despite the soul-crushing experience of watching yet another plant die under my care, I was determined to try again. After all, as was so wisely said by a number of readers in  this post offering advice to beginner gardeners, even the best gardeners started out killing a ton of plants. So it was with a renewed sense of purpose and a positive outlook that I walked into the annual members-only plant sale at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden last night. My goal? To buy the hardiest, hardest-to-kill plants there. 


 

Today's Hot Green Tour

Jessica & Jered's Solar-Heated, Stylish Home
 
Name: Jered and Jessica Bogli 
Location: NE Portland, Oregon
Size: 3600 sq ft 
Years lived in: 3ish
 
Jessica and Jered's abode is as environmentally conscious as it is luxurious. With its roof-top solar-collectors that provide heat 10 months of the year, the overflowing edible garden and the outside/inside use of lovely porch space, this home embodies high-end green style.

 

 

Today's Hot Post

20 Small Space Living Posts You Might Have Missed
We're rounding off our Small Spaces & Simple Living month here on Re-Nest. From backyard cottages to double-duty must haves, from the best small space grocery and food storage tips to ten household items you can live without, check out our roundup below to make sure you haven't missed our best posts!
 

Unplggd
Advertise With Us
My latest posts
Cheers,
Cambria Bold
Follow me on Twitter!
apartment therapy the kitchn unplggd ohdeedoh
Apartment Therapy Media | 270 Lafayette Street, Suite 1204 | New York, NY 10012

This email was sent to manung36.hometools@blogger.com.

To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

Opt out from Re-Nest emails only | Opt out from all Apartment Therapy Media and subject site emails using TrueRemove®

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.


powered by emma
Posted by mbuhlah, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:15 AM

0 Comments:

<< Home | << Add a comment